- A dialog control that presents application output in some form
and provides a way for an application to receive administrator input.
- gadget library
- Object-oriented abstractions for manipulating dialogs.
- See router.
- General Protection Fault (GPF)
- Effectively, a crash of a Windows NT system.
- See group ID (GID).
- See Graphics Interchange Format (GIF).
- glue record
- A record in DNS to provide the IP addresses
for a subdomain specified as self-responsible via a previous
- See General Protection Fault (GPF).
- Add a branch to a multipoint router network when a site on that
branch subscribes to or asks to join a
- graphical user interface (GUI)
- A screen-based (as opposed to a line-based) interface between the
user and an application.
- Graphics Interchange Format (GIF)
- A graphics format pioneered by CompuServe that has a maximum of
256 colors, interlacing, and transparency (one color can be defined
as transparent, allowing the background color to be visible); one
of the most common graphics formats on the World
Wide Web (WWW). See also Joint Photographic
Experts Group (JPEG).
- group alias
- A mail alias for a group of people; a mailing list. Consists of
the group alias or mailing list, a request alias for submission and
resignation requests, and an owner alias for problems.
- group ID (GID)
- A numeric value for the user account's group permissions.
- See graphical user interface (GUI).
- (Security.) Recommended actions to follow in implementing the
current policy. Guidelines should always
be considered in the context of the best business practices.
Guidelines change with the bank computer environment. Adherence
to guidelines is advisable but discretionary.